Kolejny z wydanych dziś komunikatów prasowych RIMu informuje o rozszerzeniu dostępności AppWorld na kolejnych 27 krajów. Dzięki temu możliwość pobierania aplikacji (zarówno tych płatnych jak i darmowych) dla urządzeń BlackBerry jest już możliwa w ponad 100 krajach.
Pełny komunikat prasowy:
„BlackBerry App World Now Available In Over 100 Markets
Discover, download and enjoy a wide range of applications from BlackBerry App World, now available in 27 additional markets
WATERLOO, ONTARIO and BARCELONA, SPAIN–(Marketwire – Feb. 14, 2011) – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced that BlackBerry App World™ is now available in 27 additional markets worldwide. With today’s announcement, BlackBerry App World is now available in 101 markets. BlackBerry App World allows customers to discover, download and enjoy a wide range of mobile applications for their BlackBerry® smartphones.
BlackBerry smartphone users are downloading more than 2 million apps per day from BlackBerry App World on average and there are over 20,000 BlackBerry apps available today. RIM continues to support developers in order to provide apps that leverage the many advantages of the BlackBerry platform and deliver best-in-class mobile experiences.
„There is high demand for BlackBerry apps and we’re delighted to be opening up the BlackBerry App World online store to customers in an additional 27 markets today,” said Alan Brenner, Senior Vice President, BlackBerry Platform, Research In Motion. „It’s never been easier to develop apps for BlackBerry smartphones and we look forward to seeing the rich catalog of personal and business oriented apps continue to grow.”
The BlackBerry App World online store is available for all BlackBerry smartphones with a trackball, trackpad or touch screen running BlackBerry OS (device software) 4.5 or higher. Customers can download BlackBerry App World through their computer or directly from their smartphone by visiting www.blackberry.com/appworld or mobile.blackberry.com. BlackBerry App World can then be conveniently accessed over both Wi-Fi® and mobile phone networks and will automatically present users with the relevant catalog of applications available for their specific BlackBerry smartphone model.
Key features of BlackBerry App World:
- Featured Items Carousel: BlackBerry App World showcases a changing selection of featured apps on its front page for easy perusal.
- Top 25 Lists: A variety of top 25 lists are easily found for the top themes, newest apps, updated apps and more.
- Scan a Barcode: Users can scan a QR code associated with an app. BlackBerry App World will quickly find the related app and automatically open the app’s information and download page.
- Choose your Preferred Payment Options: Customers can choose to pay for apps through PayPal and major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard and Amex, as well as carrier billing where available.
- BlackBerry ID: BlackBerry ID facilitates new payment options, including credit cards and integrated carrier billing (where available), and allows customers to conveniently transfer their personal library of apps when they switch to a new BlackBerry smartphone.
- BlackBerry App World Desktop Storefront: Users can also browse, download, buy and manage apps from their desktop computer.
- Search: BlackBerry App World includes a keyword search which can be sorted by a number of categories including price, relevance and customer rating.
- Reviews: Apps can be reviewed by users and those reviews are reflected in star ratings. Users can read reviews, see screenshots and read a description of each app before they download it.
- Recommend: BlackBerry App World users can recommend apps to other people through email, PIN, SMS, BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger) and select social networks.
- Application Storage: BlackBerry App World includes a folder called My World, which keeps track of apps that the user has downloaded. It is a personal storage space that allows users to manage activities like uninstalling and re-installing apps.
- Application Archiving: users can archive apps to a microSD card or built-in storage memory on their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Update Notifications: Users can be notified of updates to apps they’ve downloaded from BlackBerry App World.
Please see below for a list of the additional 27 markets announced today:
RIM continues to work with its partners to bring BlackBerry App World to more markets.
About Research In Motion (RIM)
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry® solution in 1999. Today, BlackBerry products and services are used by millions of customers around the world to stay connected to the people and content that matter most throughout their day. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. RIM is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ:RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:RIM). For more information, visit www.rim.com or www.blackberry.com.„